Even as the new car sales have slowed down in recent years, the pre-owned car market has seen a boom and continued to grow over the past years and have now become larger than the new car market. Therefore, you can easily purchase trustworthy used cars in Santa Maria now. Buying your dream car is no more a dream now as you can get the desired model within your budget easily.
You need to do a pre-purchase inspection of the car
- Once you are done with the selection of your pre-owned car, you need to check for the relevant documents. First of all, you need to check for the year of registration. A car that has travelled 14,000- 18,000km and is about 3-5 years old will be the best buy for you. you need to check for the vehicle’s odometer in order to compare it with the manufacturing year. Remember one thing, odometers can tamper, whether they are electronic or mechanical.
- Next step is to check for the engine. The engine should start smoothly and instantly. A good type of engine will not emit any black or blue colored smoke during the acceleration.
- Don’t forget to check for the oil spouts from the exhaust.
- You can also bargain if you want if the tyres are not up to the mark. Check for all the leaks. All the tyres should preferably be tubeless so that you can drive to the nearest service point in case there is a puncture.
- All of the wheels should be aligned properly,
- Don’t forget to check for the shockers, suspension springs, bushings as well as any kind of sound from bearings.
- Also, open the bonnet in order to check for any acid wear and tear around the battery. This means that the car was not properly maintained by the previous owner. You can easily bargain if the battery is close to the expiry.
- Check the complete audio system whether it is in proper working condition.
- You need to inspect all the electrical components such as dippers, lightings, front and backlights as well as reverse lights.
- Do not forget to check for the AC. If it is possible then take the car up to a slope in order to inspect whether the AC is in functioning mode.